Thursday, May 14, 2009

The new Natalie




I finally took Natalie to a salon to get a haircut. I trimmed her hair up in the fall, but she has never had a real haircut until today.




It all started good. She's too busy watching the tv to look at me.


About midway through the haircut she started to get a very grumpy look on her face. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she didn't look like a princess even though I had promised her she'd look like a princess.

Then the hair stylist cut her bangs. That ruined it. Natalie was almost in tears by the time we left. She didn't talk to me the whole way home. Once we got home she kept telling me how she wants her old hair back.

It took several tries to get a picture but she finally smiled after I told her that her hair would grow back out to the way it was again.

So here she is with new bangs. I wasn't even sure if I liked it at first, but it's growing on me.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Awww I think her hair is cute!!! She'll get used to it, and if not, it'll grow like you said. Im not gutsy enough to cut Courtney's hair short. She's never had it cut other than her bangs, but now they are long and i pin them back.

Christine said...

Aw. She does look cute. She looks really different too. You wouldn't think that because of the bangs but she does. It's cute that she even cares at the ripe old age of almost 4. :P Tell her Christine loves her hair. :)