Sunday, January 11, 2009

I went to the movies

The last time I went to see a grown up movie as in not an animated movie was I believe The Family Stone. Yep, Nate and I don't get out to the movies much. I really hate to waste money at the movie theater when in just a few months I can check it out at the library for free. However, my dear sweet sister bought Nate and I gift certificates to the Warren Theater for Christmas.

My mom called me this morning saying she'd babysit the kids because we Had to go see Gran Torino. They saw it last night and loved it. So even though it was my mom's birthday she watched my kids for me for a lovely 2.5 hours while Nate and I saw the movie.

It was fantastic. Seriously, it's been a long while since I've really felt a movie was that good. Clint Eastwood was awesome. I think I may actually buy it when it comes out on dvd.

Oh and this is definitely NOT a movie for children to see. The people next to us brought there maybe 5 or 6 year old son. The poor boy was covering his eyes and crying at the end from being so scared. Also, he didn't need to hear the foul language that was spoken almost every second of the movie. I felt sorry for him and ashamed of his parents for making him sit through all 2 hours of the movie.

3 comments:

Christine said...

I hear ya about the movies. I was actually going to see if you wanted to see a movie with me at Warren theaters when I was there for a girl's night or something. I've never been there. We'll talk about it later gator.

Amber said...

How was Warren? We havent been there yet. I hear its cool =)

Brandy said...

It was very cool! Nice cushy seats and just all out NICE.
Yeah, let's definitely go see a movie, Christine. =)