Thursday, February 26, 2009

The day that never stops

My goodness I feel like I have moved nonstop today.

We always go to storytime on Thursday mornings so our day started there. After that Natalie and I had lunch with some friends, ran some errands, picked up Bryce from school, went to the park with more friends, went out to eat using our gift card we won at bingo last week, had dessert at McDonald's since it was fundraiser night for Bryce's school, helped Bryce with homework, and finally settled in to watch American Idol. But now I have to go exercise and do all the tasks on my chore lists. Yikes! Can I jam pack anymore into my day? Oh yeah, I have to pick up the mail at my mom's house since they are in Texas and get some milk. So yes, I can add more stuff.

But the greatest thing happened while we were at McDonald's. Bryce saw his friend there and turns out they live just a few streets away from us. Yay! Bryce had no friends in our neighborhood so it's exciting to know there is a classmate just around the corner. And his friend gets to come to Bryce's birthday party on Sunday. Woohoo!

Speaking of which my big guy is about to turn 7. I swear it seems like he was just born the other day. My chunky chub roll happy baby has turned into the sweetest lovable little boy around.

In other news I took Natalie back to the speech pathologist to be retested. This time around she did not pass the evaluation and now has an appointment in a couple of weeks for more testing. If she qualifies she'll receive speech therapy through the local school system. I really hope that she does qualify so that she can get the help she needs. It's so frustrating when I have to ask her several times to repeat herself just so I can understand her. The funniest thing happened when she was being tested. The pathologist asked Natalie what color the apple was and Natalie happily said, "Rojo!" The lady looked at me funny and I told her Natalie watches a lot of Dora. Later instead of counting in English Natalie counted out in Spanish. Yes, we do watch a lot of Dora... and Diego, too.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Aw. That's awesome that Bryce has a friend in the 'hood. :) I'm happy that Natalie has a chance to get some help with her speech. She's so smart! Too cute about speaking in spanish. Your little blonde haired Dora. :P