Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Goodbye lovey

So I am 28 years old and I still have my blankie. I've had it for as long as I can possibly remember. At one time it was a white twin size comforter, but as it aged it became a dingy worn blankie. I have slept with it nearly every night of my life. The only time I am without it is when we stay at a hotel. I sit her at my computer with it wrapped around me. I watch tv with it draped over me.

Last night Natalie had a peepee accident. Right on top of my blanket. I was more upset that she peed on my blanket than the fact that she had an accident. I threw it into the washer thinking no big deal it will get clean. It didn't survive. The stuffing came out of it and one of the holes became huge. :( I am so sad. I even shed a few tears for it.

I tried to throw it away. I started walking with it towards the trash can. But I couldn't do it. I pulled all the stuffing out of it and am going to keep the worn dingy white fabric and rub it against my face every now and then to remind of the good times with my blankie.

5 comments:

Amber said...

awwwww =( I'd definately keep the fabric part of it! That reminds me of my best friend who had her baby blanket with her until the day she passed away....sometimes its things like that that give us comfort when we need it most =)

Amber said...

i left u something on my blog

Ranee said...

Oh poor blankie! I have a blankie as well my mom made me and an afghan. She passed away a very long time ago it seems so I love them very much and they are getting tattered as well. So sad.

Jenn said...

Seriously? That's awesome, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Only difference being I have a pillow. I watch tv with my pillow, I sit at the computer with my pillow, and no joke, when the husband and I sit out back on the deck, I often bring my pillow ;) It's 15 years old, it's been sewn together more times than I can count (my husband calls it franken-pillow) and looks atrocious. I love it and will be buried with it LoL Thanks for sharing your story, and I'm so sorry it didn't survive the wash. I'm always afraid that'll happen with this pillow case and if I have to wash it (I mean absolutely have to, gross I know) then I put it inside another pillow case and tie it up to keep it safe!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Awwww. (((hugs)))

I'm glad you saved the material... you'll find just the right use for it. Maybe make it into a pillow or hankie?